973-398-6832 Ext. 123
Certified Tax Collector
973-398-6832 Ext. 113
Fax#: (973) 398-2309
The Mount Arlington Department of Taxation consists of two separate divisions: assessment and collection. The Tax Assessment Office ensures an accurate valuation of all real property and equitable distribution of the tax levy. The Tax Collection Office collects taxes for both the borough government and Mount Arlington Public School District and is responsible for the management and collection of these taxes.
Tax Sale December 9, 2015
Payment Due Dates:
February 1, May 1, August 1, November 1
The 2015 Tax Rate per $100 is 2.549
PROPERTY TAX REIMBURSEMENT – SENIOR FREEZE
Click on the link below to download the flyer.
ATTENTION SENIOR CITIZENS – PROPERTY TAX DEDUCTION
Senior Citizens, Disabled Persons and War Veterans: You may be eligible for a Property Tax Deduction of $250.00 per year. Please contact the Tax Collector’s office for more information.
HOMESTEAD BENEFIT APPLICATION
Homestead Benefit application has been extended to December 31, 2015. The original due date was October 30th.
Applications were mailed in August. Residents can file their applications either online or by phone, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Most homeowners will receive their 2013 benefit payment as a credit on a future property tax bill. Homeowners who indicated when filing that they no longer own the property or those whose principal residence was a unit in a co-op or continuing care retirement community will receive their benefit by check (or direct deposit).
Homestead Benefit (for homeowners):
- To file applications online: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/
- To file applications by phone: 1-877-658-2972
- To ask questions: 1-888-238-1233 (8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except State holidays)
- In-person assistance at Taxation Regional Offices (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except State holidays) http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/ot1.shtml
- Online information: www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/homestead/geninf.shtml
Text Telephone Service (TTY/TDD) for Hearing-Impaired Users: 1-800-286-6613 or 609-984-7300
Taxation email address for Homestead Benefit and general tax questions: email@example.com Homestead Benefit (for homeowners):