Property taxes are mailed out once a year in the summer. Tax Bills consist of four quarters, the 3rd and 4th of the current year and the 1st and 2nd quarter of the following year.
Tax bills are due on:
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
** All tax due dates have a 10-day grace period after which interest will be charged back to the due date. Post marks are not accepted.
Delivery of Tax Bills
Per NJSA 54:4-64, failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the homeowner from paying property taxes or delinquent interest.
When there is a change of ownership, the tax bill is to be forwarded from the previous owner to the new owner. If you are a new homeowner and have not received a tax or utility bill, please contact the Tax/utility Department at 973-398-6832 x113 or x120.
Change of Mailing Address
Complete the change of address form below and return it to the Tax Department.
- Pay online following the link listed below
- Mail tax payments to Mount Arlington Borough Hall, 419 Howard Boulevard, Mt. Arlington, NJ 07856.
- Pay in person at Borough Hall. Hours are M-F 8:30-4:30- Closed from 1-2pm for lunch.
- Place payment (check or money order only) in the after hour locked box located at the front door of Borough Hall
Applications for tax deductions can be found under the forms section of the Borough’s website. Please contact the Tax Department for any specific questions.
Below are property tax relief programs offered through the State of New Jersey:
- Homestead benefit– Visit njtaxation.org or call 1-888-238-1233.
- Senior Freeze- the senior freeze program reimburses eligible residents for property tax increases on their principal residence. Visit www.njtaxation.org for information or call 1-800-882-6597.